Hari's CornerHumour, comics, tech, law, software, reviews, essays, articles and HOWTOs intermingled with random philosophy now and then
Linux games I want to try out
Software and Technology by
Posted on Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 22:36 IST (last updated: Thu, May 7, 2009 @ 21:12 IST)
- Lincity-NG - the city simulator game with better graphics than the old Lincity game. Should provide some hours of fun.
- OpenCity - Another city simulation game which appears to be "true" 3D rather than an isometrically tiled 2D game.
- Flightgear - I know that Flight simulators can be tough to learn and addictive as well, but I've never played Flightgear as the download size has always scared me. It might not be as polished (graphically) as commercial and proprietary flight simulator software, but at least it won't crawl like some 3D games do on Vista.
- Simutrans - This looks very much like the old DOS game Transport Tycoon. Even if it is half as fun as that one was, it should be worth playing!
- Emilia Pinball Simulator - Discovered this in the Debian repositories. Having played Epic Pinball and Extreme Pinball in DOS, I know how addicting these type of games can be.
In this series
- Free Software/Open Source photo editing/management toolkit
- My toolkit for digital artwork: free software
- Random software: ASCII Art Editor - Aewan
- RTS gaming in Linux
- kPovModeler - Easy 3D Rendering Tool
- FOSS video software for all your needs
- Linux games I want to try out
- Visual Basic (almost) on Linux
- Static image gallery generators
- Obscure blog software you might not be aware of
- Linux games you might not be aware of
- Rosegarden: Compose Music in Linux
- My web development toolkit
- 3D modelling tool that's easier to use than Blender
- Random Linux games for your enjoyment