Hari's SoftwareA small collection of my apps and scripts
BiaWeb Qt is a graphical static website content manager which stores the data in SQLite 3 and exports pure HTML. Written in Python and PyQt4, this application allows you to build a complete website on your desktop and export it to a HTML directory structure ready for transferring to a web server.
- Python 2.6 or above
- Linux/UNIX-like environment (might work in Windows, but not tested)
- PyQt4 (maybe packaged
in your Linux distribution as
python-qt4or similar. Check your package manager)
Download & Usage
To run the program, no installation is necessary. Simply extract the archive into an empty directory
and execute the main script
biaweb_qt script within the directory.
- To start off with a new website, first create a new site with File » New Site....
- Create categories to hold your articles. Then create articles under each category.
- No saving is required. Every action automatically updates the site database, so be very careful while performing destructive operations.
- Always make a backup of the site database file somewhere safe.
- Changes made in the generated directory will always be overwritten. To make changes in stylesheet or other website templates, always do so within BiaWeb Qt using the built-in template editor.