Hari's SoftwareA small collection of my apps and scripts
BiaWeb Qt is the graphical version of the BiaWeb static website content manager. Written in Python and PyQt4, this application allows you to build a complete website on your desktop and export it to a HTML directory structure ready for transferring to a web server.
For features and usage notes, check the BiaWeb page.
- Python 2.6 or above
- Linux/UNIX-like environment (might work in Windows, but not tested)
- PyQt4 (maybe packaged
in your Linux distribution as
python-qt4or similar. Check your package manager)
Download & Usage
To run the program, no installation is necessary. Simply extract the archive into an empty directory
and execute the main script
biaweb_qt script within the directory.
- To start off with a new website, first create a new site with File » New Site....
- Create categories to hold your articles. Then create articles under each category.
- No saving is required. Every action automatically updates the site database, so be very careful while performing destructive operations.
- Always make a backup of the site database file somewhere safe.
- Changes made in the generated directory will always be overwritten. To make changes in stylesheet or other website templates, always do so within BiaWeb Qt using the built-in template editor.
For more information check out the BiaWeb page.